Thursday, September 22, 2016

My New Blog


The Professor During A "Tech Talk"
Welcome! This site is still somewhat under construction...the layout is not yet quite right and I am still digitally twisting the little bugger (Blogger) to my will...hopefully. I am a long-time treasure hunter (50-years plus), an engineer, a former pilot, a scuba diver, a musician, an amateur astronomer, a photographer and a somewhat regular guy. I am a member of a few metal detecting clubs here in Central Florida, and everyone I run into keeps telling me to "...start a blog, for crying out loud!" due to the fact I prodigiously write a lot, lecture a lot, and clog up other peoples blogs with my comments on metal detecting a lot. I do a regular (or irregular to hear some tell it) live "tech talk" on metal detecting subjects at my club, where they refer to me as the "professor," which reminds me, mostly, of the guy stuck on Gilligan's Island who was hot on Ginger or Mary-Ann...I can't remember which. I will be sharing my thoughts, musings and actual exciting adventures with my friends and club members. I am not making this purely about metal detecting, but will swerve off that occasionally as I segway into different subjects I am feeling passionate about. I'm sure I will foster some disagreement among a few people along the way, but that's good. Who wants everyone to have the same opinion, other than some political group? Not I! Thanks for you interest and stuff like that.

9 comments:

  1. I look forward to your musings professor. And...it was Ginger and Mary-Ann who had the hots for the professor. He himself, explicitly stated his disinterest in sex or romance. His only true love, was science.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly did not remember that Kilo...he felt that way stuck on an island? Sometimes science goes way to far!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was simply a duplicate comment...still good...but we didn't need a spare.

      Delete
  3. So happy you started to blog James....really looking forward to it. You have a lot to share and a real ability to get it across in writing. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mr. Stout, and I must say your blog was my inspiration and benchmark for this modest effort of mine! I will try not to disappoint and thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. I am pleased to see that you are starting this blog, James, and look forward to reading about your ventures and thoughts. Best of luck! I'm bookmarking it.

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! I have enjoyed your blog for several years, and now I am becoming involved in the creation of my own, I am even more in awe of your prodigious posts over the last few years and what it takes to get it all rolling. Thanks again!

      Delete
  5. I am pleased to see that you are starting this blog, James, and look forward to reading about your ventures and thoughts. Best of luck! I'm bookmarking it.

    John

    ReplyDelete