Friday, August 24, 2018

Detecting The Paranormal - Passing Angels

A few weeks ago, on a real nice Florida weekday morning, I was en-route to Cocoa Beach from Orlando to do some treasure hunting along the beach. I had the trunk loaded up with several metal detectors, my Minelab E-Trac, with a humongous 16" coil, and my contest-won Nokata Impact, I am still learning to use. I was singing along with Credence Clearwater Revival's "Run Through The Jungle" and thoroughly enjoying my temporary solitude as I whizzed along, southeast bound, on a deserted Route 520 at about 8:00 in the A.M. 

As I sped along, about 60 mph, I noticed a beat-up white Toyota Corolla coming up on my left, in the passing lane. I stole a quick glance in my mirror, and the car was sporting a junk-yard hood, same model, but black, instead of the car's overall off-white color. No big deal...a lot of junk cars, especially in Florida, on the back roads. Thing is, as it pulled up next to me, the driver waved at me! I thought it was someone I knew...I mean, who waves at you while passing???




The car suddenly decelerated and dropped back behind me, not completing the pass. Taking all of less than 5-seconds, I looked ahead, then again glanced behind my vehicle, and the junker was GONE! I looked out my back window and nothing was there. There were no turnoffs, or even much in the way of a hi-way shoulder to pull off on. I slowed further, then pulled off myself on a precarious shoulder. 

I got out and looked both directions and there was nothing to be seen...no cars of any kind, which was also odd because it was a weekday morning and some people still drove the 520 to work instead of paying the steep toll of the faster 528. I scratched my head a bit and finally went on. As soon as I passed under the 528 overpass, route 520 was suddenly once again alive with cars and trucks...as it should have been on the other side.

Later I did a little googling and found that the 520 is known as Bloody 520 as so many people have been killed in automobile accidents in the last 40-years, the reference said the entire span of it was literally a graveyard. And the article went on to call Route 520 one of the most haunted roads in Florida. Say what??? 

I told a few of my metal-detecting friends who already know I'm crazy, so I was not inviting ridicule per-say, but I expected a few raised eye-brows, but no one laughed. Apparently when you reach a certain age, with friends also in that age range, you've seen a lot of things...a lot of things...and you have a bit more leeway to consider hard-to-explain events. One of my friends asked about the event I experienced, then looked both ways and said "I was alone sitting in a chair putting on a pair of socks, getting ready to head for work, when I head a voice not more than a few feet away say 'CAN YOU HEAR ME, JEROME?' very loudly." He said he jumped a few feet in the air, then yelled for his wife, who had already left for work. He was totally stumped as to what the voice was or where it came from.

Another friend, Melinda, said something I had not considered. She said "Maybe you and an 18-wheeler were going to collide a few miles up the road and you might have been killed. Maybe it was your guardian Angel, slowing you down and averting your death." Would a Guardian Angel wave at you? Apparently this one did.

Note: A few names were changed to protect the open-minded

No comments:

Post a Comment